Monday, February 9, 2015

Challenges of a Second Language learner by JUAN



Hello everyone, I did an interview with my wife, because she is studying at BLI School, she has a lot of challenges about how to learn a new language, but she is optimistic:

Juan: Could you tell me what is the biggest challenge about English classes ?
Mary: Yes, speaking and writing, It's hard to understand


J: tell me more, speaking and writing ?
M: sometimes, speaking sounds different, for instance, I want to say something but it doesn't the meaning, you say something that It's far away to say the real meaning.


J: Ok, How about Writing ?
M: Writing, mmmmm, because I can't understand verbs and of course, I need to increase my vocabulary.


J: What kind of challenges do you have with English Teachers ?
M: Listening and understanding what the teacher is trying to tell me, because she/he speak faster than I can understand, just one word I can get for every 2 sentences.


J: How do you feel in class? Do you worry ?
M: Well, I'm not worried, because if I DON'T KNOW, my teacher helps me, maybe I feel thirsty, I stand up, or try to move constantly every moment, and more when we have speaking exercises.


J: Could you give me in only one sentence about "test" ?
M: Writing test, "I'M LOST"


J: what kind of advise is better for someone like you, where some people want learn second language like English ?
M: Please, practice, not only in class, in your home, patience, increase your vocabulary, don't be shy and keep going, never give up !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment