Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Oscars are not only birdman

Whiplash.
Nominated for best picture, actor in a supporting role, film editing, sound mixing, adapted screenplay; just won 3 and deserve all of them. 

I can't describe the magnificent of whiplash, it is amazing. Directed and writed by Damien Chazelle (for me an unknown director until now), is for me one of the best movies of 2014 and definitely is in my top ten. Why? See the trailer: 


It is a big drama with an excelent performance of J. K. Simmons who won the Oscar for this job (obviously). Is a passionate movie full of stress, which take you beyond of your mind, my hands was sweating all the time.

This movie inspires you and makes you asking if you are doing enough for achieve your dreams and what's the limit (if exists). The soundtrack is obviously amazing and J. K. Simmons is pfff, the best. 

I can't spoil you because I will be so mean so if you enjoy drama movies you have to see it. I know what I'm saying. 

See you guys :)
Jaennette! 

3 comments:

  1. Finally able to watch the movie .
    I thought the film deserved the awards he won . I'm no expert but did not notice the two hours pass . In those two hours I could laugh , think, find ridiculous , laugh again , think and cry.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of movie which showing the backstage of who work in the theater or in a set of movie because I recognize myself most part of the time. You could be replace the this specific scenario by any other and it will still make sense.


    Commented by Tiago Medeiros

    ReplyDelete