Monday, March 9, 2015

My experience in the Korean Army

I want to talk about my soldier experience in korea. In korea, if you are born a man, you have to join the army. Unfortunately, it's a duty for 21 months. Because South and Nouth korea are in a state of truce. I didn't think that would be a serious problem at first. But when I came to montreal to study English, the people who I met in montreal amazingly already knew about Kim jong un who is the president of Nouth korea. After that I accepted that's a serious problem. To return, we can enter the army at 20 years of age. Most of them join the army at 22 years. But I volunteered for military service at 20 years old. Because I wanted to finish my military life as soon as possible. And my position(major) was a food handler in the army. So I always had to wake up at 4:30am. And I was always cooking for 500 soldiers. It was very terrible. But fortunately when they were having field training or ranger training, I was just cooking for soldiers. So I didn't participate in any training. Haha:) so that's why I don't have any muscles. But I could improve my cutting and cooking skills. I had an amazing time in my life. And I miss my friends who I met in the army:D
-Mingue Kim

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, nice Kim!
    But I do not agree with your last sentence.
    You really had an amazing time in the army?
    Would you like to serve again? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Mingue!!! It's really a good experience! ... You see? I don't knew the true story behind your face jajaja. I hope you bake something for me when I leave!
    By: MarĂ­a Colombia :D

    ReplyDelete